ss_blog_claim=bf44054c0fd1bbd7e9ccacabba9e52b3

Friday, December 05, 2008

We Went To The Eye Doctor

Last night my son and I went to the eye doctor, I dread the eye doctor! My vision is poor to begin with and every year it never gets any better! My son he need glasses for the blackboard, well now they call it a whiteboard.

Me on the other hand, I feel like a train wreck!My vision has gotten worse, as I already figured out on my own but now there is something new. So I go over this huge list of noticable issues and at the end of all the tests, doctor asks me if #1, have you taken prescription steroids? Me: no, Doctor: #2 Are you being treated for asthma? Me: No and last but not least Doctor: Have you ever has severe head trauma? Me: Yes...So doc wants to know and I tell him. He was mortified as most people would be and I told him that I didn't write it on the paper because I didn't think it was necessary for him to know. He agreed that I had no reason to think he should know. I know I am pretty open with my life here at A Day In The Zone and at A Dose Of Nonsense but this part of my childhood would make most of you cringe as it did my doctor. All I will say is that I was abused as an infant and maybe one day I will post about it more.

So anyways, doc now knows why I have at a ripe age 32, I have cataracts! I gave a goofy look as I always related cataracts to old age, my great grandmother has them! He said that it is very unusual to see them in a person my age and that is why he asked me those questions. Now my routine eye exam has turned into a medical issue. We'll see, no pun intended..I go back Monday for more tests...Ugh...

2 Nibbles & Sips:

Cliff said...

My vision isn't all that great either, but I feel for you that you have cataracts. But with the advances made im medicine, those can be taken care of.

BTW, I wrote my latest post Wednesday, but scheduled it for publication at 1:00am today. I am an early riser though, as I get up at 3:00am to drive almost an hour to work.

cube said...

Sorry to hear. I guess you feel about eye doctors the way I feel about the dentist. Hate it.