ss_blog_claim=bf44054c0fd1bbd7e9ccacabba9e52b3

Monday, November 10, 2008

I Need New Eyewear

I always dread the eye doctor and as I normal I have procrastinated going to see him. I know, it is not the best this to blow off and I think I do it because every time I go it results in needing new glasses and contact lenses. I can't remember the last I have gone and was able to leave with no change, there is ALWAYS a change! How do I know there has been a change, it is all in the contact lenses..

I guess the other issue for me is the cost. Contacts run me about $300.00 and eyeglasses run me about another $250.00...sigh. I think I will try something different this year though. I have heard a lot about Zenni Opitcal and there low cost eyeglasses packages. Nothing wrong with at least checking them out! With so much going on and the need to save money maybe I will take a stab at it here, I usually only wear my glasses at home, so if the frames aren't quite what I am looking for, that is okay. Since the do have a huge selection of new arrivals I am sure it won't be to difficult, well at least one can only hope!

In this day and age I think it is a good idea to shop around. People are getting laid off, business are closing and with Zenni Optical offering such great deals on eyeglasses people might want to check them out. I haven't quite made up my mind yet but if you know someone who is on a tight budget why not suggest they check out this site.



http://clarkhoward.com/liveweb/shownotes/2007/06/27/12362/

2 Nibbles & Sips:

Cliff said...

I will probably get me some new glasses soon myself.

Nomad said...

what about... Laziks?? I went to an eye doctor last year and he was really pimping that eye surgery bit and I was nearly convinced until he showed me this little PowerPoint thing. About three of the slides showed a razor cutting and lifting the clear layer of the eyeball. My head starting spinning and I nearly fainted. I guess for the doctor this was all in a days work but I thought.. what... if .. sneezed during the operation?

http://nomadicjoe.blogspot.com/