ss_blog_claim=bf44054c0fd1bbd7e9ccacabba9e52b3

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Are You Cooking A Holiday Meal?

Is the whole family coming over to your house for dinner. Are they craving you potatoes or homemade stuffing? We all know part of making a great meal is alot of work and part of it involves "taste testing". That is something you want to avoid, as hard as it will be. You can consume a lot of undocumented (if you have a food journal) calories that way. I understand that you want to make sure it has the right amount of spices or the right texture, but it can and will result in extra pounds.

Since John-Fat to Fit will be cooking Christmas dinner..Here are some tips on how to avoid taste testing.

  • Sugar free gum is your friend, chew it!
  • Use a 1/4 teaspoon if HAVE to taste test your food.
  • Try to only fix what you are going to eat, leaving yourself no chance for seconds.
  • If you have prepared more food than you need, portion it into individual containers and freeze or refrigerate immediately.
  • Don't snack while cooking meals

2 Nibbles & Sips:

Cliff said...

Diamond: As usual this is a good post.

I would like to ad one thing. If you must snack, get some celery. It tastes great without dip amd has virtually no calories.

The latest post on my WIXY's Gone Bananas blog has a link to a story about Tim Dockery, a friend of my wife's who has lost over 300 pounds.

Diamond said...

I will defianlty check it out..I love inspirational stories!!

As for the celery, you are absolutely correct!! I love raw, plain celery, if you give me a raw plain carrot though it would make me gag!!