ss_blog_claim=bf44054c0fd1bbd7e9ccacabba9e52b3

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Portion Control

I know, portion control stinks!! But if you are trying to lose weight, it is a must!

I know how hard it is when you go to a friend's house for dinner to make sure that you don't over stuff your belly. At home, I measure and or weigh everything I eat and I write it down in a journal.

But at a friend's house you may not want to dirty more dishes or bust out your scale. So here is an idea for you..

  • Take your plate and divide it in 1/2 with an imaginary line.
  • One 1/2 fill up with veggies.
  • On empty side you will draw another imaginary line and split it in 1/2 as well..follow me??
  • One section will be for your starch...now do not make it a huge scoop.
  • The last section will be for your meat..no towers!
  • Wall-la..portion control

Even simpler...if your friend is using disposable plates..like the foam..not good for the enviroment... ones that are already divided into sections, then you are all set!!

Portion control made easy!

StarchMeat

Veggie

3 Nibbles & Sips:

Cliff said...

Let me get this straight. From 12 o'clock to 3 o'clock will be meat. From 3 to 9 is your veggies-no butter, but maybe Parkay spray. From 9-12 will be potatoes, rice or pasta.

Right?

Diamond said...

That is correct!

Stylin said...

You sound like me,I calculate my food intake too.Its hard!