ss_blog_claim=bf44054c0fd1bbd7e9ccacabba9e52b3

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Tonight's Dinner

So...one of my weakness's, well that would be spaghetti. Not pasta like elbows, ziti, rotini or any of the other endless shapes and kinds that are out there... it has to be SPAGHETTI!! Do you know how hard it is to eat a serving of spaghetti. Unfortunately you don't get very much on your plate...it's so not fair!!

I learned a couple of ways around that meek little serving. There is my favorite, the spaghetti squash trick. You buy a spaghetti squash, bake it and then with a fork, run it through the meat and it comes out in strands like..you guessed it - Spaghetti!




This one is what my mother in law does...she doesn't eat pasta. When her husband makes his wonderful sauce she has it over fresh or frozen steamed green beans. I thought she was off her rocker, I tried it and it was pretty good.

So my dinner consisted of a little bit more spaghetti than I should of had, lots of sauce and a big salad.

6 Nibbles & Sips:

Cliff said...

The spaghetti squash sounds like a great idea to have some great sauce over carb free spaghetti.

When you have a salad, is it a true salad, or is it what I would call a lettuce sundae? Some people go to salad bars and have lettuce, cheese, bacon bits, croutons, chick peas, egg, and top it off with about a cup of ranch dressing and call it eating healthy. That's a lettuce sundae.

Anonymous said...

That is such a fantastic idea!

Not only is it low in carbs, but it is really so healthy for you.

Still don't know how to use the WP identity below....

Sharon @ TheDivaNetwork.com

Diamond said...

74wixygrad - I love the "sundae salad" but with my dinner, it is always the same thing. Lettuce, usally romaine or a spring mix and cucumber! Very boring, I know. I will have a sundae salad for lunch once in a while. I always make it my self at home that way Iknow what is in it and can measure/weigh everything that is not a veggie!

Diamond said...

Sharon thanks for stopping by! I am not sure about the new sign in thing they have going on either!

Stylin said...

I have an Italian father-in-law and they eat the sauce over artichoke hearts

Diamond said...

Wow, that sounds really good!! Thanks for sharing that, now I have something new to try!