ss_blog_claim=bf44054c0fd1bbd7e9ccacabba9e52b3

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

You've Been A Weight Watcher For How Long?

During Saturdays meeting the leader asked how long we have been doing this for. Most people shyed away from answering that question, not me though. I raised my hand and said "Every year for 8 years!" Am I proud of that? No not really, but I think it was a wake up call. Saying it out loud was almost a kick in the, well, ass! The other members gave me a strange look and the leader just about choked, but it is the truth. You can't be successful if you can't be honest! So I am proud to say" I have joined Weight Watcher's every year for the last eight, yup count'em, EIGHT years and have failed miserably each time!" Somehow I feel this year will be different!

Needless to say it amazes me how much MORE weight I have gained since I first started Weight Watcher's. I didn't gain from the plan, I gained due to lack of following the plan! Eight years ago I started Weight Watcher's 40 pounds lighter than I did when I went back late last year. It amazes me how you can lose weight, gain it back AND add a little more on. So over the eight years I have packed on an extra 40 pounds! Would it have happened anyways? Who know, maybe, maybe not.

I have never announced my actual weight on my blog and have wondered if I did do that would it motivate me more or would it open me up to nasty comments? Quite honestly, nasty comments don't bother me. For me it would be motivation, I can use some of that sometimes! I dunno, I guess I will have to think about it a bit more.

3 Nibbles & Sips:

Cliff said...

As far as announcing your weight is concerned, I haven't really done it on my blog either. I have, however told folks on my blog that I have battled weight problems most of my life.

I think those who come here are looking for motivation and may realize that motivation begets motivation.

Also, as long as you keep on posting articles of interest, such as those about eating disorders, folks will come here and support your efforts.

Biggest thing I have learned is honesty is the best policy. Many times I have shown myself, warts and all on my blog, and I have reaped benefits from doing just that.

If one comes on your blog and is nasty to you because of your weight, use your delete button. I have never had to use the delete button for that purpose in the 25 months I've been blogging. and I can almost guarantee that nobody will come here through my blog and put you down for any reason.

Liquid said...

I am proud of your honesty at your meeting.
You are right.
It is about being honest.
I learned that in a 12 step program.
It starts there, with mostly being honest with yourself and also with others.

My favorite saying to date:

IF NOTHING CHANGES, NOTHING CHANGES.

Potent, eh?

Have a fabulous day dear Diamond!

:)

j said...

You know those cutie-poo weight loss counters that people have on their blogs? I can't do that cause my goal weight is so high. My skinny weight (ok, I'll tell you is 150lbs) is up there because I REALLY am a big boned girl. I have a lot of muscle tone in my legs and I am pretty large busted. All of that adds up. People can't believe that I weigh that much when I am thinner.

So, I will just mention occasionally on my blog that I have lost, and how it is going. I am relieved because it looks like this time, the diet has taken. I am a yo yo dieter and I have gone up and down in my weight just like you. I just posted about this yesterday, so it's kind of interesting that I have come across your site!

I hope that you have a great week and I wish you continued success!

Jennifer