ss_blog_claim=bf44054c0fd1bbd7e9ccacabba9e52b3

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Reward Yourself

Do you reward yourself when you reach a specific weight goal? If not, maybe you need to. I originally planned to reward myself with a new haircut when I lost my first 10%. I couldn't get focused, so I decided that I was going to get the haircut first! I did that about 5 weeks ago and so far so good. So my reward for losing my first 10% of weight is going to be a new set of nails! No not the nails you use when building, finger nails!

It is amazing how you feel after small changes are made. After I cut my hair I thought "Geez, you have this great new haircut, let's get the rest of yourself to look as good as your hair!" It has been tough going but I think this week will be a great success! (I kinda peeked)

As some of you know I changed up the plan a little. Weight Watcher's offers two plans, Core and Flex. I have ALWAYS done Flex because it allowed me to eat all the stuff I love all while staying within a points range.(alot of measuring and weighing food) But after some very disappointing weight loss I switched to Core. Core focuses on eating specific foods, whole grains, lean meat, fat free dairy, fruits and veggies. (No points or weighing) Core teaches you your comfort zone, listening to your body say, I am satisfied now, you can stop eating! It was tough at first, but I think I have a handle on it now.

I must say that all my sweet, salty junk food cravings have vanished! Poof, gone! It took a couple of days but as I sit here and think about it I haven't had a bag of chips since Monday. Yes, Monday!! I am amazed, I am the junk food goddess and now, I don't even crave it!

2 Nibbles & Sips:

Cliff said...

Keep in mind that you have to stay away from cottage cheese. Cottage cheese is the most fattening food in existance. Most of the time the only people who eat it are fat people. gotta be something to it.

Have a super day.

j said...

I left a comment and poof it was gone. Keep it up! I'm glad that you are positive. And the haircut is a confidence booster.

Jennifer