ss_blog_claim=bf44054c0fd1bbd7e9ccacabba9e52b3

Thursday, May 31, 2007

The recipe I posted about yesterday

Ok..here is that recipe I posted about. Things got little busy last night...Now this recipe is for the Zone diet, the amount of chicken is one 6 oz breast (for 2 servings). I doubled it for my husband, bot the recipe is posted in original format. There is now way he can eat 3 oz of chicken!! Use this recipe anyway you like! Enjoy

Chicken Florentine & Ricotta Stuffed Chicken
by Diane Manteca - Zone Meals In Seconds

1 Cup Frozen Chopped Spinach

1 Cup Jarred Roasted Pepper, drained & chopped (I used one small jar,)

1/2 Cup Skim Milk Ricotta Cheese

1 Tsp Salt

1 Tsp Pepper

6 oz Chicken Boneless, Skinless Breast Cut Into Two Pieces

2 2/3 Tsp Olive Oil

1 1/2 Cups Classico Basil Marinara Sauce

Your Veggies:
I did not make these veggies, I don't like them. I used Broccoli instead.

1 1/2 Cups Frozen Onion (I used 1/2 fresh, sauteed in a pan)

2 Cups Sliced Zucchini

2 Cups Summer Squash

1 Tsp Jarred Garlic (I used fresh a fresh clove and put the rest in the Ricotta Stuffing)

1 Tsp each Dried Basil and Oregano

One more thing before I forget...see that onion up there? I am going to suggest that you lower that to 1/2 cup. I followed a recipe to the "T", it was a stir fry, used that much onion and wanted to die. That is all I tasted, so I would really be sparing with it. OK on to the rest...

Instructions:
Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Squeeze liquid from spinach. In a medium bowl, combine spinach, pepper, ricotta, 1/2 Tsp salt & 1/2 Tsp pepper. Cut slit in the side of chicken to create a pocket. Divide the ricotta-spinach stuffing between the two chicken pockets. Place chicken in the baking dish, drizzle olive oil evenly on top, sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
Bake for 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Heat marinara sauce in pan or microwave.

While chicken is baking, spray skillet with cooking spray. Add olive oil, onions, zucchini, summer squash, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper and saute over medium heat for 5 minutes or until just tender.

Divide veggies and serve with chicken.

Remember that you may want to double this recipe, depending on who and how many are eating. 3 oz of chicken with the stuffing was fine for me, but not my husband.

Enjoy!! If you make it, let me know what you think!!

2 Nibbles & Sips:

MoonDanzer said...

Hey you know what I have to watch my tri-glycerides and cholestorol and this sounds like it would work for that too. Thanks for the great new recipee to try. I eat sooooo much broccolli and fish.

Diamond said...

I was reading the success stories and there was a man who's cholestoral dropped from 210 to 150!