ss_blog_claim=bf44054c0fd1bbd7e9ccacabba9e52b3

Sunday, January 11, 2009

What A Shock

So yesterday was weigh in day and I couldn't wait to get there. See, I have a scale at home but since rejoining Weight Watcher's I ask my husband to put it away so I would not be able to get on it and check my progress during the week. That always had led to sabotage for me in the past and this time I planned not to do that. So with no available scale at home, I have been relying on the way I feel and I had felt great all week.

Yesterday I wake up, thanks to Emmit the cat, at 4:30 in the morning. Ugh, My meeting is not till 10 am, what am I going to do? I managed to keep myself busy for a little while and before I knew it, it was time to hop in the shower and get ready to leave. On my way to my meeting I started to doubt how much weight I had lost. With my knee not being 100% I had not time in the gym. How annoying, my gym membership card just sitting there on the tv stand taunting me. Is it possible that I will lose a good number with out exercise? When I got to the meeting I decided that I didn't care what I lost, as long as I didn't gain for a 3rd week in a row. As far as I was concerned I had no reason to gain, I followed the program to the T!

Waiting in line, isn't that the hardest thing to do? Finally it is my turn, I kick off my shoes, hop on the scale, close my eyes and prayed for the best. Finally I hear her say"Got it" and I get off the scale and I get a very mellow and matter of fact "Wow, you did great." Yea, I thought and I asked "Well, how much is great?" The chick weighing me in says "8.2, you lost 8.2 this week." HOLY COW... 8.2 and that is the best you can give me for excitement, I thought to myself. That is a huge amount of weight to lose but I needed it, after gain of 2 and then anther 2.2 I was feeling a little down. So I did what I set out to accomplish, lose the 4.2 I gained back and with an added bonus of another 4 lbs gone!

SWEET

0 Nibbles & Sips: