ss_blog_claim=bf44054c0fd1bbd7e9ccacabba9e52b3

Monday, January 12, 2009

Yummy!

At Saturdays meeting our regular meeting leader was not there but her replacement was just as good and quirky as she is, so it kept the meeting interesting. It is a possibility that I may switch my times because going at 10 in the morning is just to late for me. So I gained some insight on a new leader.

During out meeting she was talking about this nice 2 point snack she makes with her kids. It sounded so amazing that the whole room was quiet and intrigued. When she was done explaining how it was made you wanted to leave and go home and make it right away. That is just about what I did!!

As most of you know, I love to share tips and ideas, that is what I am going to do right now with the awesome little snack.

I don't know what it is called, besides YUMMY..

1 box of cake mix, any kind, what ever you like. I used Devils Food cake
12 oz of diet soda, any flavor. I used Waist Watcher Vanilla Cream ( I know it sounds weird)
Pour the cake mix in a bowl and SLOWLY add the 12 oz of diet soda and mix together.
Tip: Don't knock it till you try it!
Get out your regular size muffin pans, the pan that makes 12 muffins, you will need 2 pans.
Divide the cake mix into the muffin pans. I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup to divide the mix 24 ways.
Bake in the oven according to the box, less 5 minutes.
When finished take out and let cool. Individually wrap them and place in freezer.

When you are ready for your snack, take a Weight Watcher's Chocolate Mousse Bar (1 point) and unwrap and place in a bowl. Pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds(just long enough to get the stick out) Add a couple of TBS of Fat Free Cool whip and mix together. Now take one of the little cakes you made, unwrap it and cut it into pieces. Mix the cake with the ice cream add a little dollop of Cool Whip for the top and there you have a nice little 2 point treat.

Tip: If you don't want to make the cake you can but the Weight Watcher's 1 point snack cakes. I suggest making the cake. I find the Weight Watcher's snack cakes to be dry, these homemade ones are far from dry.

You can also add a few berries to this. As we all know it takes a lot of strawberries to equal a point. Just grab a few, slice them up and now you have a sundae!

1 Nibbles & Sips:

Cliff said...

That sounds very good, and good for you!