ss_blog_claim=bf44054c0fd1bbd7e9ccacabba9e52b3

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Cut Your Portions

* If you're at home, use smaller plates. This creates the illusion of eating a bigger serving. (I personally do this one)

* If you're at a restaurant and you know the portions are going to be huge, ask the server to put half your meal in a doggie bag before it even hits the table. This saves you money as well as unnecessary calorie overload. If the server can't (some restaurants the server brings you the container for you to do yourself) ask for the doggie bag to be brought with your food.

* Share an entrée with your dining partner.

* Make a new rule for yourself: Always leave something on your plate. This reminds you that you are in control of the food, not the other way around. You don't have to clean your plate like mom said you do!

3 Nibbles & Sips:

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

Hey, these are GREAT tips. I really like the restaurant one. I tend to keep eating if there's food on my plate. I have a really tough time just leaving it there.

Anonymous said...

I really like a lot of these tips. Except for the leaving food on your plate. I'm a clean plate girl and always will be. ;) But the asking for a doggie bad or sharing an entree helps!

Anonymous said...

Great advice. I'm not one to overindulge too often, but admittedly I still have a problem "cleaning my plate" like you said.