ss_blog_claim=bf44054c0fd1bbd7e9ccacabba9e52b3

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Spring Is Coming!!

I am so excited, we are in the home stretch of winter! Today is March 1st and warmer days are on the way! I can't wait to get to walking. I know, cold weather is not a valid reason to not go walking, but I HATE to be cold and I don't like to bundle up so much that I look like the Michelin Man either! I just order a new MP3 player and purchased a new pair of walking sneakers. I am ready and so motivated to get out there I think I may go crazy if it doesn't warm up soon!

Is anyone else ready to get out there?? Let me know, I was thinking of doing a Spring contest with a prize at the end. The first day of Spring is March 20th. Gives me enough time to think of a prize and get some ground rules set as well. I would hope people would be honest, but seeing as it is online it can be more difficult to prove that they aren't. I am going to go think about this and will have an update later today. I have a Weight Watcher's meeting to attend and I need to go get ready. Any thoughts or ideas please leave me a comment or send and email to adayinthezone at gmail dot com (adayinthezone@gmail.com)

Some already decided information:

  • Contest would start 3/20/08 and end date to be determined
  • There will be a prize for the most miles walked

4 Nibbles & Sips:

Anonymous said...

Lol, I don't suppose there's a prize for most miles skiied?

I'd love to join this competition, but I go skiing for a week on the 22nd of March.

However, I think it's a great idea, and offering up a prize may motivate more people to join in.

Kudos to you!

here via Blogexplosion.

Emma said...

I'd like to walk "with" you!
-Wixy Jrette

Diamond said...

That's awesome Martha and I am glad to have you with walk with me! I will have all the specifics for this Sunday.

Diamond said...

retardedrugrat - You can join anytime you like, just let me know. I have decided that it will be a six week contest. You will have plenty of time to catch up!