ss_blog_claim=bf44054c0fd1bbd7e9ccacabba9e52b3

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I'm Not Telling

Everybody here know I am trying to lose weight, but no one else! I guess I have gone on a diet and stopped so many time people are just sick of hearing about it and it really makes me fee like a failure. A lady at my job asked me a couple of weeks ago "Are you trying to lose weight again?" In a very snarky sort of tone I might add, after I refused to a snack someone offered me. I just replied "No, I didn't want it, is that a crime?" I felt like telling her where she could go, but that would not have solved anything.

I haven't even told my own mother! It is hard not to tell her but she has heard it so many times that it is old news. It has become noticeable though, people at work are starting to as "Are you losing weight?" I just look at them with a confused look and say "No, must be the outfit." I guess it is better that way, no one to tell me "you can't have that or should you be eating that?" Quite frankly it is none of your business, just like it is none of my business why you smell like booze and wine every morning. It's not like I walk up to you and say " You smell like a booze hound, where did you get the wine, the local liquor store or one of those
wine clubs? You shouldn't do that!"

4 Nibbles & Sips:

cube said...

Don't let the nasty people get you down. They're not worth the energy. Just do what you have to do :-)

Unknown said...

I hear you about announcing aother diet. My husband is nothing but supportive, but I still keep my dieting goals and failures to myself. I'm glad to hear people are noticing. And can I just say, what a freakin' bitch you have for a co-worker. Ah, with teammates likes those, who needs enemies, eh?

I'm cheering for you.

I've been playing with a new blog for my weight woes, but just can't get up the nerve.

Diamond said...

Thanks Cube, I most certainly will!

Diamond said...

Scout's Honor - Thanks for stopping by. I think the key to successful weight loss is support and it is awesome that you husband is supportive. Mine is for the most part.

As for starting your own blog, go for it. You have nothing to lose, you will find that people are very supportive. Please do let me know when you have made up your mind, I would love to stop by and read it.