ss_blog_claim=bf44054c0fd1bbd7e9ccacabba9e52b3

Monday, September 22, 2008

Are You A People Watcher?

If you know me then you know I am fairly laid back, if something plucks my nerve then I can be a bit snarky and if something pisses me off then I can have a very vulgar mouth. Don't let the picture fool you, I am not as sweet as I look!

What I am though, is a people watcher. I love to watch people and sometimes it is much better than TV. Unfortunately it does come off as staring sometimes which does get some looks and a lot of "Honey, cut it out!" from my husband. Why and I posting about it here and not at my Nonsense blog? Answer, it has to do with the gym!

When I go to the gym I usually hit the Elliptical machine. At my gym the cardio area is right in the front and it gives you the birds eye view of the whole gym. I don't tend to judge people, especially about their weight, as I have had weight issues since I got pregnant with my son 13 years ago. What I do do is try to figure out what people are about. Like there is one woman who is super skinny and when she works out she usually has on several layers of clothing. Why? To absorb more sweat, to make more sweat? Does she have self image issues? Possibly! Honestly, I couldn't wear all those layers without feeling like I want to die.

Then there is the women who comes in and get on the cardio machines with a hat on, not a baseball hat or a winter hat but a fancy hat that's paired with weight lifting gloves! What is that one about? I can't even begin to figure it out..let me know what you think!

Then you have your typical I need a date chic, who comes in with her hair all teased up and loads of makeup on. You can tell she is not there to get all hot and sweaty. Who wears all that make up to the gym? Honey, you are not at a dance club! If I wore all that make up, I would look like an abstract water color painting with the way I sweat!

Tune in next time for the men!

1 Nibbles & Sips:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

I'm a fully certified people watcher too ... hehehe ... It's really surprising to see some of the things people do when they think no one is watching them ...