ss_blog_claim=bf44054c0fd1bbd7e9ccacabba9e52b3

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

One Holiday Down

one to go! I hope every one had a very Merry Christmas! Mine was good, had fun and I am please to say, thanks to my mother in law, I didn't over do it with the food!

We went to my in laws house yesterday for dinner. She had ham, which was great, green beans with bacon, squash, turnip mixed with mashed potatoes and scalloped potatoes. I didn't eat much for the most part. I had ham, a little bit of green beans and some scalloped potatoes.

The reason I thank her for helping me not eat so much is because she loaded the green beans with butter and added bacon, the scalloped potatoes had that same over buttered and under cheesed feel to them as well! Plus, I just had my mom's scalloped potatoes on Thanksgiving and like my husband said "Kinda hard to go from your mom's to my mom's..No comparison at all!" I don't like to complain about other peoples food but, when you need Ingersoll Rand air tools to get the food out of the pan and a strainer before you can eat it, it's pretty bad. But, I sucked it up and went very light on the food. I skipped on the apple pie, had a few glasses of wine and for the most part..I had a good Christmas.

What about you? Did you have to eat something that you were not to happy about having to eat just to save face?

2 Nibbles & Sips:

Cliff said...

Me, I had ham, mashed potatoes, spinach, biscuit, and a slice of cherry pie. I did snack some, but I didn't overdo it.
I had Coffee, Diet Pepsi, and water to drink.

Diamond said...

Very proud of you Cliff..moderation is the key!