ss_blog_claim=bf44054c0fd1bbd7e9ccacabba9e52b3

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Holiday Eating

Okay, so we made it through Thanksgiving, now it is time for Christmas dinner and then New Years Eve. I barely survived Thanksgiving goodies! How about you?

Here are some tips on surviving the last two holidays of the year.

  • eat before you go
  • don't stand around the food table
  • drink water
  • socialize, walk around the room
  • say "no", I know, easier said than done
  • bring fruit or veggie platter to the party
  • watch the alcohol, especially if you are driving!
  • don't let some else serve you, be in control
  • remember portion sizes
  • stay away, far far far away from those people who insist you eat, aka "FOOD PUSHERS"





Mushroom Puffs

(picture from e-dining.ca)

8 Nibbles & Sips:

Cliff said...

It all sounds good.

I have to lose for health reasons. Diabetes and hypertension. Lost 15 pounds since June.

Good luck with your endeavors.

PS I quit smoking once and LOST 40 pounds. I picked up the cigarettes again, but I havent smoked now for over 10 years. One of the greatest motivators is looking at the sign above the cashier when I pay for my gas. Prices.

EJL said...

cooking brings the bahumbug out in me around this time... especially b/c I can't bake cookies to save my life.

Thanks for stopping by my place!!

Anonymous said...

The idea 'eating before going' is great!

Diamond said...

74 - congrates on the 15 pound loss and you are the fist person I have ever saw the have lost weight when they quit smoking! That is awesome, please tell me your secrets!!

Diamond said...

ellie - I am not such a great baker either. My mom on the other hand, I don't think there isn't anything she can't cook! Thanks for stopping by, do come again.

Diamond said...

Joel - I thnk it is a wonderful idea too. I mean we go to parties to be with our friends and family, to socialize and have fun. Who says you need to eat everything there.

john - from fat to fit said...

This is the first holidays in a long time where I have been watching my diet. It's going to be tough, especially since I am hosting Christmas dinner and I LOVE to cook!

Diamond said...

John, just remember, as hard as it is, DO NOT nibble or consistanlty taste test while you cook..Alot of calories are consumed that way.