ss_blog_claim=bf44054c0fd1bbd7e9ccacabba9e52b3

Friday, August 31, 2007

Another Reason To get Healthy

My husband, who can ted to tell me very little, well most comes after the fact the same day or even a week later, comes home last night after work and says " I have high blood pressure". He proceeds to walk out of the kitchen like it was a general statement people say everyday. Kinda like "Hi Honey, how was your day?" That is how nonchalant it was!

A little dumb founded, I asked "What makes you think that?"

"I had a psychical today and that is what they told me." he replied

More news to me, I asked " A psychical, when did you schedule a doctor's appointment?" This is a man who despises going to the doctor's office.

"For work" he groaned "Every year I have to have a psychical, remember, the state law says so!" (he is a driver)

So of course, I start firing questions at him and finish with "Well, that's not good!"

My husband is only 31, my first thought is wow, he is a bit young to have high blood pressure. He could stand to lose about 50 lbs. I am sure they told him that but with his lack of info, I may not hear about it till next week. They suggested he go to his regular doc and get on some medication. I am going to look around on the Internet to see what else he can do besides start popping pills at 31.

2 Nibbles & Sips:

Anonymous said...

High blood pressure at 31? That's a little frightening isn't it? But I'm not at all surprised. I did have high blood pressure once quite a while back. I took to eating lots of celery and star fruit (I'm not sure if that's the actual name but that's what it's called here) and it kinda helped. I hate popping any kind of pills whatsoever. maybe you can get your hubby to try. hope that helps in some way.

Anonymous said...

High blood pressure at 31? That's a little frightening isn't it? But I'm not at all surprised. I did have high blood pressure once quite a while back. I took to eating lots of celery and star fruit (I'm not sure if that's the actual name but that's what it's called here) and it kinda helped. I hate popping any kind of pills whatsoever. maybe you can get your hubby to try. hope that helps in some way.