ss_blog_claim=bf44054c0fd1bbd7e9ccacabba9e52b3

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Applebee's - It Should Taste Good, Right?

As I sat at my desk looking at the menu, I found myself with a HUGE decision to make. Do I get something I know I will like, which ultimately turns into sabotage or do I get one of the Weight Watcher's meals that they now offer to help the people like me. The choice was difficult and when you have the invisible people on your shoulders trying to sway you, it doesn't help.

In the long run, I chose to get a Weight Watcher's meal, as bad as I wanted the Boneless Buffalo Chicken Wings, I didn't give in to the evil little monsters and I decided that I would try Applebee's Tortilla Chicken Melt.

My opinion on the whole thing, as much as I am proud of myself for making the right choice, it was far from a pleasant meal. Portion wise it was fine for the most part, taste wise, well that was another story. It was very bland and had very little chicken. Now mind you, I have been doing Weight Watcher's for a very long time. I have a on again, off again affair with them. I know what a portion of chicken looks like and I certainly didn't get that! Maybe you're not supposed to have a portion, I don't know but I do know I wasn't impressed. As for the flavor, one of the things you learn is that food doesn't have to be tasteless and that meal was a bland as bland comes. Talk about having "diet food". Weight Watcher's doesn't promote themselves as a diet, they choose to go with the "changing your eating habits" speal. Applebee's Tortilla Chicken Melt made me feel like I was eating "diet" food. Next time I will save my money and make it at home, I could have done a much better job and made it at the very least..enjoyable.



Hey, I didn't get the Salsa!!

3 Nibbles & Sips:

Anonymous said...

A while ago the boyfriend and I briefly tried to do Atkins together. A few days later and nagging incessantly for ice cream I just started screaming while attempting to eat something and all I could keep saying over and over "If it doesn't taste like cardboard then it has carbs!!!"

Diamond said...

I did Atkins for a while. I just happen to have a major sweet tooth and it didn't really work out to weel Besides the fact that I like fruit and in the beginning you can't have fruit. Thanks for stopping by! Come again soon!

Linda Jones Malonson said...

I don't care for eating here, the last time I did I tried the Baby Back ribs .. talk about nasty.

I have tried many diets, the only one that was successful was when I was under doctor's care and taking seven pills a day. Oh well, I am waiting for someone to invent the magic pill. Take one and never be fat.

Good articles ...thanks.