ss_blog_claim=bf44054c0fd1bbd7e9ccacabba9e52b3

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Last Nights Dinner

Last night I was in the mood for chicken BUT it had to be something different. So my husband is on the Atkins kick...which from what I read is a lower carb version of the Zone. Less the fruit and the cottage and yogurt and the list could go on and on but I won't bore you with the details.

Honey. I am sorry but you are on your own with this one!

So I did take a look at the recipes on the Atkins site. I figured I could get some new food ideas seeing as there are some similarities between the two programs.

What I found was Cheese n Chili Chops. I substituted the pork with chicken, dropped the green chili's (not because I don't like them but because I forgot to buy them at the store)and used Olive Oil instead of Vegetable Oil. Added a green salad with cucumber for "Z"(my son) and I and had a pretty good meal!!

1 Nibbles & Sips:

Lor said...

I have been a fan of the Zone because it is medically sound. My dad's friend died on the Adkins diet. Used to praise it and follow it to the letter. Apparently your blood becomes acidic over time and you can get very ill. Anything that requires a suppliment to live on has to be unhealthy. I lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks on the Zone. BTW, your NOT lazy. your were unmotivated. big difference ;)