ss_blog_claim=bf44054c0fd1bbd7e9ccacabba9e52b3

Monday, June 02, 2008

So Like Everything Else

the grocery bill has gone up too. I was talking with my mom yesterday after I went grocery shopping and had to go back AGAIN for cat supplies! She told me that her and my dad have started a small garden. I think it is pretty cool but that just tells me how bad things are getting. My mom did get her full time job back, which I am sooo happy about but I think the idea that this guy's business will fold is still on the top of everyones head.

My parent's haven't had a garden since I was a kid! They did that so my mom could stay home with me and my brother and force us into child slave labor! Just kidding about the child slave labor. I never thought they would have another and especially a 50 some odd years old. Quite frankly though, you need to do what you need to do to survive and cut costs. I wish I had a spot for a garden!

4 Nibbles & Sips:

Cliff said...

The last time I tried to grow anything, it was illegal and I didn't succeed. I do not possess a green thumb. And the statute of limitations have long run out on my intended illegal activity.

Liquid said...

Wixy:
That is funny!

Diamond:
Be creative!

Darned economy!

DiamondsSaphire said...

Cliff...you are too funny!

Liquid We'll figure it out!

Anonymous said...

We'd love to start a garden too, because our grocery bills are rising as fast as our Gas Prices.

We're looking to move soon, and so hopefully, there'll be a spot where we can grow some of our own veggies and stuff. Try and cut down the grocery bill AND eat healthy.

Here via Blogexplosion.